In-person or Telehealth (Skype, Zoom or phone) sessions available. Telehealth services attract the usual Medicare and Private Health Fund rebates.
Book an appointment now: 02 9144 6859 firstname.lastname@example.org
30 Marlborough Place, St Ives, NSW 2075
Appointments are available Monday to Friday, days and evenings
- Mondays 10:30 - 9pm
- Tuesdays 10:30am – 9pm
- Wednesdays 10:30am – 9pm
- Thursdays 10:30am – 9pm
- Fridays 10:30am – 9pm
- Saturdays by appointment
A referral from a GP or other medical professional is not necessary, unless you may like/be eligible for Medicare rebates or bulk billing as outlined below.
If you would like Medicare rebates, make a double appointment with your/a GP and ask them to assess you for a Mental Health Treatment Plan. See further information below.
My office is located in a peaceful and private setting. It is easily accessible from Hornsby, Waitara, Wahroonga, Turramurra, Pymble, Gordon, Killara, Lindfield, Roseville, Artarmon, Chatswood and other North Shore Suburbs. It is also close to Ryde, North Ryde, Macquarie Park, Terrey Hills, and other Northern suburbs of Sydney, and not far from the Hills District and the Northern Beaches.
I am also able to see people in other locations or within their homes (eg. people receiving palliative care or their family members, or clients with disabilities which make it difficult to travel). Please note - this service is not available from March 2020 until further notice.
My current rates*:
- Individuals - Initial Consultation: $255.00 per 1 1/4 hour session (minus Medicare rebate of $86.15 per session with a GP approved Mental Health Treatment Plan1, Medicare rebate of $52.95 with a GP Management Plan2, or Private Health Fund rebate3).
- Individuals - Subsequent Consultations: $225.00 per 1 1/4 hour session (minus Medicare rebate of $86.15 per session with a GP approved Treatment Plan1, Medicare rebate with a GP Management Plan2, or Private Health Fund rebate3).
- Bulk billing under a GP approved Mental Health Treatment Plan1 is available, with my prior agreement, for people experiencing genuine financial constraints and who hold Commonwealth Concessional cards.
- Couples, family groups or pairs (eg. parent and adult child): $295.00 per 1 1/4 hour session.
- Staff members of organisations: $255.00 per 1 1/4 hour session.
- Travel time when visiting clients away from my office: $90 per 30 mins, $180 per hour - please note that this service is not available from March 2020.
- Report preparation: $255 - $680 depending on length of time needed (1-3 hours).
* I am willing to negotiate rates for students, Centrelink beneficiaries and people experiencing genuine financial constraints.
I accept bank transfer, Mastercard or Visa.
Please note: The current rate recommended by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) for psychological services for individuals is $312 for 61-75 mins, and $368 for 76-90 mins. Despite there being valid reasons for these rates, I currently charge below the APS rates in all categories other than report preparation, in order to make my services more affordable to more people.
1 I am endorsed by Medicare to provide treatment under the Access to Mental Health Care Scheme. This scheme provides rebates for up to ten (six plus four) pre-approved psychological treatment sessions per calendar year, for such conditions as anxiety, panic disorders, post traumatic stress, phobias, addictions, depression, bereavement disorders and many others. Your General Practitioner (GP) will assess your suitability for support under the scheme, and write a brief referral letter. For further information on this very helpful scheme see: www.health.gov.au or www.psychology.org.au
2 I am endorsed by Medicare to provide treatment under the Chronic Disease Management – Allied Health and Dental Care Initiative. This scheme provides rebates for up to five sessions per calendar year, of GP-approved visits to psychologists and other allied health professionals. For further information on this scheme see: www.health.gov.au or www.psychology.org.au
3 Please check your Private Health Fund cover for Psychological/Allied Health services.
Please note: The above Medicare rebates, bulk billing and Private Health Fund cover are available for Telehealth (Skype, Zoom and telephone) sessions from March 2020.
Please ring or email me to make an appointment, or to discuss my services, and my suitability in assisting you, your loved one, your patient, or your staff member.
Phone: 02 9144 6859
St Ives is within 10 - 40 minutes of most suburbs of the Upper North Shore, Lower North Shore, Northern Sydney, Northern Beaches and Hills Districts of Sydney, NSW.